“Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influence of the earth.” — Henry David Thoreau
This year’s winter gave us more chills than ever before. Extreme fluctuations in climate are the nature’s way to tell us that we have to face the consequences of our actions. Winter is over (almost) and we can feel the presence of summer around us especially in supermarkets where they are stocking up all kinds of drinks in huge quantities.
It’s really sad that we have more options of unhealthy colored sugar-water easily available than healthy drinks. Even the so called pure fruit juices sold in tetra packs are not at all close to the real deal. If we really want pure juice we’ll have to squeeze it ourselves but do we have the time? I doubt that.
After ‘Green Gram’ and ‘Super Foods’ post I think we should discuss about a super drink especially for the summers. I am a big fan of Tender Coconut Water not only because it helps us lose weight but also has other health benefits. I don’t think there is a need to mention how wonderful it tastes and how refreshing it is on a sunny day. I always prefer a nice big green tender coconut over any bottle or can, don’t you?
Benefits of Tender Coconut Water:
1. It’s loaded with Goodies: It is rich in Vitamins and Minerals like Vitamin B & C, Calcium, Potassium and Glucose. If you work out a lot then instead of drinking high sugar and calorie so called energy drinks you should try Tender Coconut Water. It will recharge you with above mentioned vitamins and minerals and it’s healthier.
2. It good to Shed Some Unwanted Weight: It is a natural, low-calorie, refreshing drink than can be a healthy alternative to any other sugary drink. Tender coconut water contains strong digestive enzymes that strengths our digestive system and helps us lose weight.
It also detoxifies the body and benefits the metabolism as well as immune system. So if your stomach gets upset while you are vacationing on a tropical paradise have plenty of coconut water and you will feel better without any medication.
It’s has diuretic properties that can help reduce swelling and edema or water retention. Tender coconut water is easily available everywhere even in cities far from coastal regions so don’t wait to have it till you go for a holiday have it as often as you can. I am sure you’ll love it.
3. It’s good for the Heart: Regular intake of tender coconut water helps regulate the blood pressure. It helps to lower the high cholesterol level in the blood system. Regular intake also improves the flexibility of arteries and veins as it increases good cholesterol.
4. It fights against Ageing: Tender coconut water is alkaline in nature which helps balance body’s PH level. It is loaded with minerals and vitamins and has amazing hydration properties that recharges and refreshes tired cells working as a natural anti-aging agent.
5. It can be a great after workout drink: In World War II British and Japanese injured soldiers were given coconut water when saline solution was in short supply. When we lose a lot of energy or get dehydrated or many be go for a vigorous workout then we need to reload the depleted cells and muscles and coconut water can work for it. The high level of potassium can also cure muscle cramps and the minerals and vitamins can rejuvenate the body.
6. It’s Amazing for expecting ladies: Most women unfailingly drink coconut water during pregnancy as per the advice of elders. This advice is shared from one generation to another because of its many benefits some of which are mentioned in this post. I would like to highlight the benefits during pregnancy below but as I always insist please check it with your doctor before trying anything new.
– Coconut water is a natural, diuretic, antioxidant drink loaded with minerals, calcium, vitamins and much more that improves the immune system of the mother and baby.
– It has anti bacterial properties that protect the mother and baby from infections.
– It is believed that having regular coconut water will help the baby to get a glowing skin.
– It helps the mother with uneasiness that happens during pregnancy especially indigestion, bloating, acidity and gas.